Pet boarding at the Pet Salon is easy and convenient. The Pet Salon is surrounded by nearly 5 wooded acres in a quiet residential area of Millersville, MD, in Anne Arundel County. Our facility also includes a 1/2 acre fenced meadow for walks.
Secure Dog Kennel
For your pet’s safety and security, the dog kennel itself is double fenced. In addition, the grounds are also fenced with an attractive, wire-lined, split rail fence for added security. The building is equipped with a security system for break-in, smoke, heat, and fire detection, as well as security cameras for visual monitoring of the dog kennels, cat room and outdoor area.
- For your dog’s comfort, we have large indoor/outdoor runs that are heated and air conditioned. These are large, airy accommodations.
- Double-fenced: A security fence surrounds the individual dog kennel runs, so that your dog’s safety is protected.
- Our feline clients are housed in a climate-controlled room which is separate from the dogs. Each cat has a private condo with individual play time in the cattery where they can enjoy window seats, scratch posts and toys. All feline customers get big pillows or cat beds in their condos.
PET BOARDING HOURS
- Monday-Friday 7am to 11am & 3pm to 6pm
- Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00pm
- Sunday and Holidays Closed
- The Pet Salon is operated just like a “people hotel.” You are charged for the day the pet arrives regardless of check-in time.
- There is no charge for the day of departure, provided check-out time is prior to 11 a.m. Check outs after 11 a.m. will be charged for that day’s boarding.
- Ask us about prearranging a pickup or drop off time that is not within these hours.
PET BOARDING RATES
- Under 30 pounds: $25.00 per day
- 31-60 pounds: $27.00 per day
- 61-90 pounds: $29.00 per day
- Over 91 pounds: $31.00 per day
Cats, Rabbits & Birds
- $17.00 per day
- FAMILY RATES: For concurrent visits, $1 off each additional animal after the first pet is charged at the regular rate.
- SENIOR CITIZEN: $1.00 off each day.
- FREQUENT TRAVELER: $1.00 off each day, after your pet has stayed 6 times in one year.
PET BOARDING POLICY
- Pets will be weighed at check in and must be flea-free. We reserve the right to bathe/”de-flea” or groom your pet during its stay if we deem it necessary, at owner expense.
- Out of concern for your pet’s well-being, we will provide washable bedding. All bedding is washed daily in our commercial washer. Please note that we will no longer accept owner-provided bedding.
- Owners may provide one safe, expendable toy for each pet. Our experienced staff will evaluate toys at check in. Under no circumstances will rawhides, tennis balls, or racquet balls be allowed.
- We offer walks or play time for your pet. This is an additional $5 per 20 minutes.
- Current proof of vaccinations from a Veterinarian is required at the time of pet boarding. No exceptions.
- Dogs: DHLP, Rabies and Bordetella
- Cats: FVCRP and Rabies
FOOD & MEDICATIONS
- Our daily rates include one serving of premium dry dog food. We serve high protein, low fat foods for your puppies and adults.
- $1.00 additional per serving. Owners may bring their pet’s own food. Any dry food must be in labeled, individual zip-lock bags, by meal, and any extra food will not be returned.
- Pill medications, after the first dose, are administered for an additional 50 cents per dose. For medications that are ear or eye drops, salves, ointments, or creams, we charge an additional $1.00 per application. We do not board pets that require injections.
If you have any questions, or wish to schedule pet boarding, call us at 410-647-3505.